Artificial Intelligence: The word Artificial Intelligence is a combination of two words “Artificial” and “Intelligence”. Here, Artificial means something which is made by a human or a non-natural thing and Intelligence means ability to understand or think. There is a misunderstanding that Artificial Intelligence is a system, but AI is not a system, it is implemented in the system. With the bounds of progress AI has been making, it is clear that AI will permeate every sphere of our life.
Machine Learning: Machine Learning is a type of understanding in which machine can learn by its own without being clearly programmed by the inputs of human. It is one of the applications of AI that gives system the ability to automatically learn and improve its performance from experience. Machine learning’s major focus is on the development of computer programs that can access data and use it for the betterment of themselves.
The Current Scenario of AI & ML:
This is a field which has gained a lot of popularity and has improved by a large margin over the last couple of years. It often is somewhat hard to keep up with the subject, especially if you are not directly involved. People are poorly informed about the current state of AI and ML applications and related technologies; researchers and journalists are not providing the information in a right way regarding the advancement of AI & ML. A very important portion of information circulating on the matter is shattered and complicated. With all the advancements made in this field, there seems to be an influx of tools and other applications that are yet to start to leverage cognitive capabilities.
The Future of AI & ML:
After the industrialization era, there were many who worked towards the creation of machine that behaves just like humans. The thinking machine is AI’s biggest gift to humankind; the grand entry of this self-propelled machine has changed the operative rules of the business. In the recent years, self-driving vehicles, digital assistants, robotic factory staff, and smart cities have proven that intelligent machines are possible.
Predictions for the next ten years about Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
We will have a look at some of the predictions by our experts about the future of artificial intelligence and machine learning in the following 10 years; how will the society change with the application of AI and ML? what are the major industry that gets affected majorly by the AI and ML?
In the next coming 10 years, artificial intelligence will be able to:
1. Increase Security: In the opinion of Nicholas Horbaczewski, CEO & Founder at the Drone Racing League, drones will change the way we live. They will somehow represent the way mobile phones are today compared to the way it was in way back in 90s. Drones are devices able to move objects very rapidly and can fly. Package delivery, emergency responses or urgent delivery of medical products, anything will become immediate with drones. Drones will be a part of humans in the future which makes things a lot easier.
2. Generate new Services: In the view of Martin Ford, author of NY Times, Artificial Intelligence will improve our ability of solving problems and generate new ideas. Looking at the things happening in and around the world, there is no doubt that Artificial Intelligence and robotics will be implemented in the business operations and will also have an effective impact on the organisations’ efficiency, definitely in a positive way though.
3. Empower businesses: Matthew Kamen, VSP of Engineering at Foursquare, thinks that the applications of AI are “stuck” at this moment, and they are limited to reproduce what human beings already can do, or what humans trust to let them do. In the coming ten years, these trust barriers against the AI & ML technology will decrease progressively and our addiction to algorithms and intelligent machines will grow.
4. Improve healthcare: In the healthcare field, according to Serkan Kutan – CTO of Zocdoc, intelligent machines would be very useful. Many doctors work too much, they can’t see all their patients and can’t keep up-to-date with the new studies and advancements for lack of time. For that, AI could give a great help, especially for all what is related to patient’s data analysis and diagnostics.
5. Facilitate sustainability: Nikita Johnson, Founder of RE. WORK, declares that Artificial Intelligence will have a serious impact on every single industrial field and everything we do. But when the matter is in the field of sustainability, environment and climate change, AI and Machine learning play a major role. There are many areas in which the machines could help a lot and create improvements, and if at all we are to talk about some of the great challenges of our century like urbanization, population increase and energy management, there are no bounds to the benefits that AI would bring!
6. Makes Humans smarter: John Stecher, Group Managing Director at Barclays Investment Bank, says that computing power will increase progressively, by giving us more power in training our Artificial Intelligence models. In addition, the amount of data analysed will grow enormously and this allows us to monitor more elements in our platforms and in the world in general. Combining that with Artificial Intelligence, we will have the ability of making more intelligent forecasting about future behaviours and events and teach smarter knowledge systems and models.
Where will AI and ML head to in the future?
With the amount of impact AI and ML has created over the past few years and the way it has changed things, we can easily tell that over the next few years, AI & ML will grow prevalent and powerful than ever. We can even expect new applications and challenges and we should be ready for the upcoming and never thought of changes that are coming our way.
Without a doubt, we can easily say: - The Future is Now!
If you're looking to start a career in AI and ML, we at Infimind Institute conduct academic courses on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for programmers, and non-programmers.